Version 6.80 Beta 12 Build 5000, December 1, 2017
NOTE: Will not run on XP machines.
- Processed NZBs now go into an NZB folder located in the Newsbin Data Folder instead of going to a folder named "loaded".
- NZB Autoload will only process files actually containing NZBs now instead of all files in the folder.
- Changes to better group certain posting styles into files.
- Fixed issue loading ZIP files containing NZB's
- When downloading with NZB files, now renames obfuscated filenames found in a rar file with NZB filename.
- Purge the history list of anything older than 7 days when using automation interface (sonarr, couchpotato, etc)
- AutoPAR will now automatically extract .zip files.
- Fixed issue where Files and Failed lists weren't retaining history in the Find field.
- Fixed bug that prevented header downloads from retrying on errors.
- Fixed potential crash bug.
- When processing NZB's, processed files go in to the "loaded" folder. This folder location is now centralized in the Newsbin Data Folder instead of using the "Loaded" folder under each NZB Autoload folder.
- Autoload filename scan for Zip and Rar files only touch files that actually contain NZB's. It ignores files > 10MB.
- When copying NZB's to the temp/NZB folder, now copies over the last path segment unless the source folder is already the temp/nzb folder.
- Fixed issue with certain posting styles where feeding an NZB into a post list from double-click wouldn't compact but it would compact when loading it into the files list.
Version 6.80 Beta 11 Build 4994, November 6, 2017
NOTE: May be unreliable on XP machines.
- Fixed issue with NZB pathing
- Fixed issue where files that became complete in subsequent header downloads weren't getting fed in auto mode.
- Fixed issue with 32 bit build, was not allowing access to the MOTD or the Search server.
- Fixed issue where the Failed List would sometimes not show why the post failed in the Status column.
- Implemented new hidden option to control how Newsbin handles unrar rar files within rar files.
In the newsbin.nbi file, go to the [AutoRAR] section and set RecursiveUnRAR = 0 to disable. Default is enabled.
- Fixed issue where changing Rename settings weren't taking effect for unrar functions until after a restart.
- Fixed issue where some sets of pars didn't get deleted along with the RAR files.
- Improvements to Sonarr integration
- Added support for parsing and displaying rgss3a and rgss2a files in image viewer
Version 6.80 Beta 10 Build 4981, October 21, 2017
NOTE: Does not run under XP (and may not run on XP anymore)
- Implemented performance improvements for header processing
- Implemented NBI option to change database protection level.
Under the [PERFORMANCE] section, set the "DatabaseMode" variable.
1 - Journal Mode
2 - Wal Mode
3 - *not recommended*
4 - No Protection
Newsbin defaults to Wal Mode if DatabaseMode setting is missing or not set. Using 1 or 2 minmizes possibility for database corruption
but has some performance overhead. Using 4 can result in a corrupted database if you have a system crash while Newsbin is running but
is the fastest. Changes must be made while Newsbin is closed.
- Fixed potential crash processing header data.
- Fixed issue where AutoPAR may leave files in download list.
- Made change to have a more aggressive removal mode. When last file has been downloaded, it goes to failed list immediately.
- Now clears filter profile setting between Internet Search searches. Needs to be manually applied after search completes.
- Fixed issue where NZB Autoload wasn't obeying local download path.
- Fixed issue where some unrars don't show subject in files list.
- Change in AutoPar to ensure when all files are downloaded and there's not enough blocks to repair, fail the file.
- Change when using calendar extend the "from" to use the entire day checked instead of N * 24 hours in the past.
- Fixed potential issue with periodic search exception making the thread exit.
- Engine: Clean download list by PARID needs to be working. To catch rogue PAR files.
- Fixed issue where post completion status was not always updated. Would be correct after expanding post.
- Fixed issue where sort order was not maintained when watch lists are modified
- Fixed issue where viewing properties on some files in the Download List wouldn't work.
- Fixed issue where typing in the group for the search tab group selection wouldn't override an earlier drop down.
- Added a flag to the .nbi configuration to force re-download of files even if they already exist.
Set BypassFileCheck = 1 in the [FILENAME] section.
- Fixed issue when if autopar is disabled, downloaded files weren't getting removed from Download List
- Display: A group with $(GROUP) in it can't "Open DownloadPath"
- Fixed issue where UnRAR percentage displayed could go over 100%
- Now removes any "Sample" files received from Sonarr. Assume people want the full thing when using automation.
- Fixed issue where completion state of files when loaded from an NZB was not always correct.
- Fixed issue where "All Groups" isn't getting set in the drop-down list of the Watch List dialog. If it is blank, it means "All Groups"
- Fixed issue where search rescan wasn't showing counts even though results collect.
- Fixed issue writing file signatures for duplicate detection mechanism
Version 6.80 Beta 9 Build 4978, September 22, 2017
NOTE: Does not run under XP (and may not run on XP anymore)
- Fixed issue with Sonarr communication with Newsbin.
- Updated Zlib, Prce and SSL libraries.
- Fixed issue in Sonarr interface where it wasn't saving the NZB's to the NZB Folder as it should.
- Fixed internal crash issue with certain really old GZ files.
- New feature, choosing "Subject" or "Poster" searching now has separate histories displayed instead of all combined in one list.
- Fixed crash issue when trying to hit help from options menu.
- Fixed issue with "Load Older Posts" replacing instead of adding to search results.
Version 6.80 Beta 8 Build 4972, September 14, 2017
NOTE: Does not run under XP (and may not run on XP anymore)
- Fixed Database Compaction function
- Made change to handle when Windows fails to report available disk space. Does not pop up an error unless real data gets returned.
- Fixed issue with files not getting fed to the files list if AutoPAR was disabled.
- Fixed issue clearing the download list of small files after they download.
- Added support for some new posting formats to better combine posts in a set.
- New logic to automatically filter out headers with posting styles that Newsbin cannot make use of. These files can only be downloaded if you have an NZB file created by the original poster.
- Fixed issue using recycle bin. Does not support long paths. Any paths > 260 characters will get deleted and not recycled.
- Fixed selection sort capability
- Fixed issue when posting a file, the task was hanging in the download list even though it did get posted.
- Made change to posting function to give up after failing instead of trying forever. Was an issue when posting to a server that does not allow posting.
- Fixed issue with slow removal of single part files from the download list.
- Fixed issue where thumbnails weren't working if Image DB is active.
- Fix that hopefully will reduce number of times the "No Data Available" text will display in fields while trying to extract data from the Database
- Fixed Help button in Options menu. Was using jibberish URL
Version 6.80 Beta 7 Build 4965, August 16, 2017
- Tweaked error message issued from Post UnRAR filter to avoid confusion of the source.
- Other tweaks to address potential issue with par2 files not getting processed correctly.
- Fixed issue where menu options launching URL's were not working (i.e. help/forums)
- New AutoPAR processing. Now has a dedicated thread to prevent the chunk folder from growing too large.
- Fixed issue where UnRAR would not generate paths that exist in the RAR archive.
- Fixed issue where filters weren't getting copied when using a template upon creation of a new filter profile.
- Fixed issue where file sets would not compact properly if there is no subject.
- Fixed issue where Repair library and Newsbin were not able to handle internal paths if using linux forward slash "/"
- Fixed display issue when expanding a set in the download list queued from search results
- Fixed issue with MOTD not auto-closing.
- Fixed issue where Newsbin would not download more PARs if the first one is damaged.
- Fixed download failure when initial PAR doesn't set the PAR ID.
- Added the ability to save NZB's to disk when using Sonarr
- Fixed issue moving par files to wish list
- Fixed possible hang on exit issue.
- Fixed issue when using the $(DOWNLOADPATH) path variable. It wasn't rendering.
- Fixed issue where the low disk threshold popup would display if the download folder is missing.
- Fixed issue where incomplete files that are downloaded weren't getting upper cased as they should.
- Fixed issue where some single part files were not getting removed from the download list.
Version 6.80 Beta 6 Build 4932, July 14, 2017
- Fixed hang on exit issue.
- Fixed issue when data drive runs out of space, pop up warning was not coming up.
- Major changes to support long filenames (>260 characters).
- Added more logging to try to help troubleshoot reports of watchlists failing
- Now supports file sets that include password in the subject
- Fixed issue where a decode was attempted after it had already completed, giving misleading error message.
- Rebuilt DLL to use no special Intel instructions. Should work on AMD's again.
- Fixed issue where random filenames in the yEnc headers wouldn't match the filename Newsbin was using from the subject impacting resume function.
- Fix for issue with "Placeholder" displaying in the download path listed in the wish list.
Version 6.80 Beta 5 Build 4909, June 21, 2017
- Fix for filter sorting. Issue introduced in Beta 4
- Found and fixed two crash issues
- Fixed issue with sample files getting included in main rar set in some cases.
- Fix issue compacting some styles of mp3 posts.
- Fixed issue retrieving and using password from NZB file when it exists.
- Improved MD5 detection.
- Improved compaction to handle new style of file counters.
- Improved efficiency ih downloading headers.
- Sped up exit processing
- Fixed issue where encrypted sets with no valid password would keep trying to unrar but never fail - now goes to failed list.
Version 6.80 Beta 4 Build 4879, June 1, 2017
- XFeatures command is now disabled by default. Too many security software packages conflict with it. If you
want to use XFeatures, you should have your security software ignore Newsbin then enable it under Options -> Servers -> Really Advanced. If you don't know what XFeatures is then you probably aren't going to miss it. :)
- Fixed crash issue when searching other files for PARS.
- Updated RAR library
- Turned on sorting for the Filter Profile Dropdown in Group Properties.
Version 6.80 Beta 2 Build 4847, May 2, 2017
- Fixed issue with the Read Post Body function (Ctrl-R) and getting the first chunk first.
- Fixed problem with Internet Search results for small files. Was losing some data.
Version 6.80 Beta 1 Build 4841, April 24, 2017
- Fixed issue where Newsbin couldn't download if there was an illegal filename in subject.
- Fixed issue where the "Look in Groups" dropdown in a Watch Topic wasn't remembering the Group chosen and defaulted to searching all newsgroups.
- Removed confirmation prompt when performaing a "Mark All Old" since it is non-destructive and reversable.
- Fixed issue in AutoPar when the first par2 file is corrupt. Now triggers other par downloads.
- Now compacts all NZB records that come from Sonarr or SickBeard to solve issue displaying post sets with obscured filenames.
- Fixed issue where automatic assemble incompletes wasn't working correctly.
- Resolved intermittent stalling issue when retries fail.
- Reduced logging in some cases. Caused the disks to get hammered.
- NZB Autoload no longer looks at rar files larger than 5MB. There is no limit in the size of NZB files
- Change AutoPAR to go ahead and unrar 0 byte files. Sometimes they are meaningful files.
- The performance option "Fail Chunks with bad yEnc Formats" is now on by default. Most are correct these days. Bad ones are usually spam.
- In cases where the yEnc filename doesn't contain an extension now uses the filename from the Subject.
- Change in the download engine to download raw data and send to decoder after the fact instead of processing on the fly.
- Speed and reliabilty enhancements to yEnc, Mime, and UU decoding functions since they are now decoupled from the download engine.